Sunday 5 August 2012

Documenting Delight: day two hundred and eighteen {right now, part two}

Way back in January I put up a little post about what Finn and Harper’s interests (and disinterests) were. Seven months on I thought I would do the same. It was interesting to jot down the two lists and compare them to the original post. There are certainly some things that have remained the same but also some new loves and loathes have emerged.
This is Finn and Harper. Right now.
{finn james- four years + four months}


[LIKES]
Reading, playing charades as a family, drawing and writing words and letters, playing board games, asking questions + finding out how things work, the colour red, wearing t-shirts with stripes, riding on buses, gardening with Daddy, talking to family members on the phone and fire trucks.

[DISLIKES]
People touching his hair, brown rice (“but it’s not white!”), people not following the rules, dirt/water or food on his clothes and having his hair washed.

{harper may- two years + eight months}


[LIKES]
Playdates with friends, cuddles, fairy tales (particularly taken with ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarves’), dancing, going to the Grower’s Markers with Daddy, playing with Finn, baking with Mummy, breastfeeding, visiting Finn’s Playschool, holding tea parties/imaginary picnics and having her hair brushed/washed.
                       
[DISLIKES]
Sleeping, packing up, eating mushrooms, wearing shoes + socks (not fussed on pants either) and being interrupted while playing.



Huge props to Lachie for helping me get these portraits. They both sat for all of two and a half minutes but the encouragement, enticing and fun + games that went into gaining that time was huge. Epic even.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Amber these are so very cute! I love that Harper isn't fussed on wearing pants I have a 2 and 1/2 year old that is a bit the same ;) And I love that Finn already has likes in style - stripes are great if you can pull them off and I'm sure your little Man does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! What big personalities they already have! ps I think Harper and Eva would be BFFs -- they have very similar likes and dislikes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous shots Amber! and i love the lists!!! good idea to keep doing this... i think i did it with eli but not with lily, i should get on to that! they have such distinct personalities those two, i just love 'em!! ps feeling bad for not being able to resist touching finn's luscious locks... will try to refrain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very distinct personalities indeed!
      I love touching them too but I know that it annoys him so I refrain :(

      Delete
  4. Love it! Milo would totally agree with Harper on not wearing pants and on how great breastfeeding is. LOL And Finn is so right- reading and wearing stripes are both awesome!

    Fun to get to know a little about them! Last year when I made photo books of the year for the grandparents for Christmas, I put a page of each kid and their likes and dislikes. I hadn't thought of putting it in this project, but that's a great idea, so I hope you don't mind if I copy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!

    I especially like reading Finn's list because it gives me a bit of insight into what Hannah might be dooing/thinking in the months to come. His list is so comprehensive - particularly the 'likes'!

    ReplyDelete