Thursday 15 March 2012

Documenting Delight: Day seventy five {parent helper day}



Today I was rostered on as a parent helper at Finn’s Playschool. I took inspiration from fellow Documenting Delighter, Tricia (check out her blog here. This lady has serious talent.) and took my camera along to document my little guy in his learning environment. Of coarse Harper came along too and joined in with all the play and craft activities, just like she was one of the regular students. It’s killing her that she still has 10 months to go until she can attend Playschool.

After Finn’s rocky year at Playschool last year I had many stop- me- in- my- tracks- proud -Mummy -moments while watching my lovely boy today. He oozed confidence and looked fully engaged at every stage throughout the day. Can't ask for more than that.

{Exploring colours on the light table}

{Harper made sure she didn't miss out on any of  the activities}

{Mixing colours to make the colour of the week - green}
{One of the highlights of Finn's day - lunch}

4 comments:

  1. I am THRILLED that you took your camera along too. Not only is it something that will be wonderful to look back on, but it's colourful and happy and really shows your kids just being themselves. I was amazed when I went with Cody to kindy - you know we organise playdates and park visits and circus and all these activities and friends but kindy is HERS. She walks in the gate every morning and makes her own decisions, her own friends, her own rules. Its wonderous to see what they construct without us. I felt like a spy when I did parent day. Like it was secret kids business. Glad you embraced it too! Finn's playschool looks rad (and he's uber cute in that stripey shirt with his beautiful pale curls *sigh*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Tricia. School is their zone. I did feel like I was peaking in on his private world. He is such a funny fellow, he ignored Harper and I for most of the session ;)
      Thanks again for inspiring me to capture an important part of his life :)

      Delete
  2. Love these!!!! Thankyou for sharing them. Looks like Finn is totally in his element, he looks so happy and that hair!!! Glad Harper had fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie. It was a really fun day, for all of us!

      Delete