Sunday 1 January 2012

Documenting Delight : The beginning


This is it, the first day of ‘Documenting Delight’ (or Project 366). The first day of finding and photographing all the delights in my life, each day for the entire year. I have completed Project 365 for the past two years. The project has been hard but it has helped me grow as a mother and as a hobby photographer. This year I want to nail it though. I want to aim big, set high standards for my photographs and really examine the areas of my family life that make it so rich and full. And for the first time I am blogging about it too. I am nervous about opening my world to others but I need some accountability that will come from making this commitment & a way to journal alongside my photographs. Often the stories behind the photos are more significant than the picture itself, and I don’t want to miss out on documenting these moments.


I took a cue from another blogger ( & my inspiration for starting ‘Documenting Delight’, Georgia’s blog can be found here) to aim to capture your photo for the day in the first 3-4 hours. Here’s Harper eating her morning tea, our Sunday ritual of soft boiled eggs with toast soldiers made by Daddy. Each photograph I captured this morning was with her eyes closed as she was concentrating so intently on digging out the yolk, or as her Daddy calls it “the egg-y goodness”.

8 comments:

  1. Love this Amber! Harper is so cute concentrating so hard on getting that "eggy goodness". I also love the Sesame Street eggcup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same as Helen....too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great start to 'documenting delight' - nice photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha at eggy goodness, too cute! This project is going to be amazing, looking forward to seeing what is coming up next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful pic, great way to start the year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this shot -- reminds me of my childhood :)

    ReplyDelete